Music Crowns are looking for a new Social Media Editor.
This role is full-time based in-house at our London office, initially for 6 months on a temporary employed contract basis (not freelance or agency) but with the possibility of future extension.
You must be able to legally work in the UK.
As Social Media Editor, you will be responsible for the brand’s social media output and the continuous development of its social media strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social platforms for a relevant digital brand or publication and will also have an extensive knowledge of, and passion for, music and viral video.
– Research online videos for content that has the potential to go viral
– Create and edit content using Premiere Pro
– Upload and schedule content across socials with appropriate tagline and descriptions
– Use analytics to track growth across socials
– Define a brand-appropriate social media strategy to increase engagement, visibility, referral traffic and followers across all channels
– Ensure social content formatting and brand guidelines are followed
– Explore new ways to articulate brand storytelling across social
– Take responsibility for staying within budget and executing the most effective spend for campaigns
– Work closely with the Digital Assistant to create graphics for Instagram using Photoshop and Premiere Pro
– Assist in the production of Music Crowns’ original content; attending shoots, liaising with and with management, PRs and artists
– Regularly brainstorm ideas for new content streams with the creative team
– At least one year experience managing social channels
– Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
– Fluency in English, verbal and written
– Strong creative eye
– Strong Internet research skills. Familiarity with all video/social media platforms and a strong knowledge of how to best navigate them. (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, Snapchat, etc.)
– Experience delivering and managing social media video revenue
– Have a demonstrated ability to craft tweets, Facebook posts, and live social coverage, that people want to share and engage with
– Ability to work under pressure, independently and to deadline
– Thorough understanding of music/pop culture/Internet trends and viewer preference
– Experience with Logic/sound engineering is a bonus but not a must
Only applications accompanied by a CV and covering letter will be considered.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.